TR2-KBD is a MIDI retrofit for both Korg Trident Mk I and Trident Mk II synthesizers. It allows the Korg Trident to be controlled via MIDI commands as a MIDI expander.
The interface works in one direction only - it only receives MIDI data. The Trident's keyboard, control panel sliders and switches are not transmitted as a MIDI data! The interface controls instrument's keyboard in parallel manner - own instrument's keyboard can also be used together with the MIDI Notes (see picture below). No other control elements (switches, sliders, etc.) or sound parameters of the instrument are driven via MIDI and their status cannot be saved in the interface as a patch.
- The instrument's keyboard is controlled manually and by MIDI Note On/Off commands simultaneously.
- The keyboard can be transposed in whole range of MIDI notes 0~127.
- Four modes of key priority can be chosen: Last / Higher / Lower / None.
- The instrument's tone generators can be detuned (in semitone steps) by MIDI Pitch Bend command. The bend range is from 0 to ±24 semitones.
- Any receiving MIDI channel or OMNI mode can be chosen by user.
- User setting of the interface parameters can be stored in interface's internal memory.
- All original features of the instrument are not changed and it can be used the same way as before the interface installation.
- Installation of interface into the instrument is very easy.
Interface's parameters adjustable by user (can be set via MIDI CC and SysEx Msg and stored in memory):
- MIDI Channel (1 to 16 / OMNI)
- Key Shift (+0 to +67 semitones)
- Key Priority (Last / Higher / Lower / None)
- Pitch Wheel Range (+-0 až +-24 semitones)
MIDI implementation - reception only:
- Note On / Off (0~127)
- CC 16 - Key Shift parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 17 - Key Priority parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 18 - Pitch Wheel Range parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 64 - Hold
- CC 120 - ASO
- CC 121 - RAC
- CC 123 - ANO
- Pitch Wheel (0~16383)
- "System Reset"
- System Exclusive - setting of all parameters and selection of MIDI channel