SY2-KBD is a MIDI retrofit for Yamaha SY-2 (SY-1) synthesizers.
The interface controls keyboard of the instrument. The arpeggiator with expanded features is embedded.
- Controls the KORG's keyboard (CV for VCOs) from MIDI. The instrument's tone parameters are not MIDI controllable!
- User MIDI CCs control of the interface parameters (as well as SysEx for experts):
- - 49 MIDI Notes (4 octaves) range
- - User defineable size of received MIDI Notes buffer
- - Transpose function (over whole range of MIDI Notes)
- - Arpeggiator (Up, Down and two Up-Down modes, all internal and external MIDI clock syncable)
- - Hold pedal (CC #64) with user adjustable note buffer size
- - Local On/Off function (CC #122)
- - User defineable optical indication of the interface status
- 128 internal memory presets to store the interface user settings
- Instrument's keyboard, knobs, sliders and switches are not transmitted to MIDI! MIDI data are received only.
- MIDI Thru function (no MIDI Thrubox is necessary)
- Original features of the Yamaha instrument are not changed and the instrument can be used the same way as before the interface installation.
- Very easy installation without the instrument circuits modification.
The interface recognizes MIDI commands:
- Note On/Off
- Program Change
- Standard CCs (Hold, ASO, RAC, Local Off/On, ANO)
- Own CCs (Nr. 16, 19 - 23 and 119)
- Common MIDI Synchronization (Clock)
- Common System Reset
- System Exclusive Messages