SAVVY Tone Parameters Editor & Controller is a MIDI CC to Sysex Translator, SysEx to MIDI CC Translator, Macro Programmer, Intelligent Random Patch Generator and Memory Expander for various MIDI instruments.
The SAVVY's software is designed especially for each of supported instruments. It allows to create own sounds for musicians who are not familiar with mathematic theory of sound synthesis. They too can create exclusive sounds very simply with the SAVVY.
The operation with SAVVY is very simple and intuitive. All functions are controlled by only a few buttons with uniquely assigned functions. No need to remember a complicated control menu system and the like.
MIDI CC to SysEx Translator:
- Translates standard MIDI CC controllers to MIDI SysEx commands for various synthesizers (any connected MIDI controller can be used as dedicated synthesizer programmer).
- Open system with easily updatable operational system profiles for various instruments (one SAVVY can be used for various instruments).
- Each instrument profile is carefully designed and tested for smooth and user-friendly operation.
- Pre-defined map of MIDI CCs for instant use (maximum effort to unify the map of assigned MIDI CCs (e.g. LP Filter cutoff or equivalent function always use the MIDI CC Nr.50).
- Web based application for user definable MIDI CC maps (i.e. map your modern virtual analog synthesizer to control your vintage instrument).
MIDI SysEx to CC Translator:
- Translates incoming MIDI SysEx commands from the instrument to standard MIDI CCs. These can be recorded in your DAW, easily edited and played back (i.e. any editing from instrument panel are transmitted in real time as MIDI CCs).
- Except of the original parameters of supported synthesizers, each instrument profile includes special set of Modifiers and Macro parameters (e.g. All Envelope Times shift, Tone Brilliance, Bass Boost and other previously unavailable functions).
- Single MIDI CC can control predefined set of individual parameters (e.g. simultaneous control of all envelope times to immediately change your Bass preset into Evolving Pad with just one).
- SAVVY analyzes the actual patch and use special calculation algorithms for smooth macro operation.
Intelligent random generator:
- Each instrument profile includes set of specially designed Random generator functions (e.g. separate random algorithms for oscillators, filters, envelopes as well as full random).
- The individual random algorithms are tailored for smooth and more predictable results (i.e. Oscillator random controlling the Waveform, Coarse Tune, PWM, avoiding unwanted pitch modulation effects, etc.).
- Large internal battery backed memory to save user edited tones ("MIDI cartridge" function).
- Saved tones are sent in real time to your instrument directly from the SAVVY´s control panel.
- The entire memory can be easily backed up in the computer with single button press.
- A special editing functions are available for some controlled instruments: Layer Selector for multilayer instruments, Wave Edit functions for instruments what use a waveform synthesis, etc.