Two versions of MP-KBD MIDI interface are available due to some differences between Mono / Poly instruments produced by Korg in process of time.
The difference is in connectors used for KLM-356 board inside the instrument.
It is important to check which version of KLM-356 board is installed inside the instrument before the interface ordering.
MP-KBD MIDI retrofit enables your Korg Mono / Poly to be controlled via MIDI. You can remotely control the keyboard and speed of the arpeggiator by MIDI commands. The instrument then works like polyphonic MIDI sound expander. All working modes of the instrument and controllers on instrument's panel stay fully workable with installed interface.
- The instrument's keyboard is controlled manually and by MIDI Note On/Off commands simultaneously.
- The keyboard can be transposed in whole range of MIDI notes 0~127.
- Four modes of key priority can be chosen: Last / Higher / Lower / None.
- The instrument's tone generators can be detuned (in semitone steps) by MIDI Pitch Bend command. The bend range is from 0 to ±24 semitones.
- Any receiving MIDI channel or OMNI mode can be chosen by user.
- Arpeggiator can be synchronized with internal instrument's tempo generator or with external MIDI clock.
- Default values of all parameters are user programmable - they can be stored in internal memory of the interface.
- All original features of the instrument are not changed and it can be used the same way as before the interface installation.
- Installation of interface into the instrument is very easy.
- The product is covered by thirty months warranty - more info
Parameters adjustable by user (can be set via MIDI CC and SysEx Msg and stored in memory):
- MIDI Channel (1 to 16 / OMNI)
- Key Shift (+0 to +67 semitones)
- Key Priority (Last / Higher / Lower / None)
- Pitch Bend (Wheel) Range (from +-0 to +-24 semitones)
- Arpg Clock Rate (internal or 1~128 MIDI ticks)
MIDI implementation - reception only:
- Note On / Off (0~127)
- CC 16 - Key Shift parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 17 - Key Priority parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 18 - Pitch Wheel Range parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 19 - Arpg Clock Rate parameter setting (0~127)
- CC 64 - Hold
- CC 120 - ASO
- CC 121 - RAC
- CC 123 - ANO
- Pitch Wheel (0~16383)
- System Clock
- System Exclusive - setting of all parameters and selection of MIDI channel (1~16 / OMNI)