One of the most musical sounding vocal mics ever made. It has a rich and robust low frequency response, full low mids, and airy highs. In a way it would take any vocal and enhance it to put it to the front of the mix. The SA-47 sounds natural, musical and big.
It's able to bring out chest elements of a vocal, or the air and presence to a lower voice or source. The SA-47 is full of clarity and has a higher mid-range emphasis that manages to get vocals sounding full. For vocals, it's one of the greatest mics you can choose.
The SA-47 also sounds great on instruments too. It's been seen to be used on strings, other soft sources, as drum overheads, and even as a room mic. The original designer found that the sensitivity of the mic brought a heightened sense of presence and detail to recordings.
You'll be able to record with the SA-47 in a range of different ways. There's two polar patterns that you can use, omni and cardioid. This means you can use it as a room mic to capture a bit of the room, or for close micing when you want to eliminate some of the proximity effect.
Clean, Accurate Recordings
The SA-47 stops noise from vibrations and handling the microphone, thanks to its included custom shock mount that keeps your recordings clean. You'll also get a stylish wooden box and flight case to keep it protected during transport and storage.
One thing you'll notice is how close the sound is to the original. But if you've never set hands on the original you'll instantly hear its unique character and how full sounding and clear it is.
A Faithful Recreation
Stam Audio have managed to nail the sound of the classic vintage tube mic it's based on. Everything from the distinctive character, features, behaviour and sound have been recreated. Every last detail went into making it, giving you for the first time a price that makes it affordable to anyone.
- Recreation of the vintage vocal mix that became a staple in many studios in the early 50s and beyond
- Rich, full, natural, musical tone - exact sound of the vintage mic has been recreated
- Versatile mic, mainly used for vocals, but also ideal for strings, as a room mic or drum overheads
- 2 pickup patterns - cardioid and omni
- Includes wooden box, flight case, custom shockmount, and power supply
- 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response
- D7 capsule (handmade Canadian M7 replica)
- AMI BVR8 output transformer
- Telefunken Siemens NOS EF800 tube
- Ohmite Carbon comp resistors
- Neutrik connectors
- PSU 110-220V
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid and omni
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz